GSK launches “Take the Polident Challenge” yesterday at Palacio de Manila to present their advocacy campaign in promoting proper denture care among Filipinos.
POLIDENT DENTAL AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
In collaboration with the Philippine Prosthodontic Society (PPS), GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) unveiled the “Take the Polident Challenge” metro-wide campaign with the media and distinguished guests.
During the presentation, “Oral Care U&A: Market Understanding Study Middle East Asia” showed that a recent study conducted by Ipsos Marketing for GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has been made and revealed that 9 million Filipinos wear dentures. This makes the country as the highest incidence of denture wearers in Asia. Whereas, 61% are female and the other 39% are male, some wear dentures due to improper oral care, illness, and others due to accidental loss of teeth.
From a separate study by Nick Newall and Rachel Kern, the record shows that most of the denture wearers come from ages between 35-69 years old; either full, half, or partial dentures.
The most common dilemma in wearing these dentures is that embarrassing moment when it suddenly gets out of one’s mouth while talking or eating. Those “scary moments” for kids having seen that awkward moment, is really traumatic and humiliating.
This makes the denture wearers to become shy and uncomfortable, therefore losing the confidence to talk, especially in front of a discussion. Others, being afraid to consume foods that might tend to loosen these dentures, choose to be safe by not eating those hard-to-bite foods rather than taking the chance.
Another typical problem is maintenance. While wearing a denture requires frequent visit to a dentist, almost 90% go back for a visit only when there’s a major problem or there’s a need to change it. Pointing out mostly to financial concerns, denture wearers only come back after 5 years of using these dentures.
Because they lack information in the proper caring of their dentures, this leads to more complicated problems such as swollen gums, loose fit and sad to say: bad breath.
In addition, most denture wearers use a regular toothpaste which, according to Dr. Magtanong should not be the case. A regular toothpaste contains abrasives that scratch dentures, which leaves little holes to gather up and develop bacteria.
With this, GSK has come up with Polident, an ally of denture wearers in maintaining and caring for false teeth to give back to denture wearers their self-confidence and allows them to pursue regular activities such as speaking and eating without fear or shame.
As the leading denture care brand in the Philippines, Polident comes up with the “Take the Polident Challenge!” PR campaign as part of their brand integration plan. This will ease their confidence in wearing dentures and improve their dental health. In collaboration with the Philippine Prosthodontic Society (PPS), aspires to score out the stigma of social, emotional and physical tortures being brought by improper denture care and will feature GSK’s Polident Denture Adhesive Cream and Polident Denture Cleanser.
The Polident Denture Adhesive Cream, helps secure dentures properly. Applying Polident Denture Adhesive Cream on the dentures once a day helps fasten it securely for up to twelve hours.
The “Take the Polident Challenge” caravan comes with a videoke and is available since yesterday up to May 17 at the Rajah Sulayman in Malate, Manila, May 22-24 at the Plaza Miranda, Quiapo, Manila and on May 29-31 at Tutuban Market.
For free samples and delivery nationwide of both Polident Denture Cleanser and Polident Denture Adhesive Cream, call 924-2475.