What is Christmas without our all-time favorite leche flan? Truly, it would be a blue Christmas to miss this mouthwatering and irresistible dessert made perfect with creamier and utterly sweet Jolly Cow Condensada.
Pinoy Leche Flan
1 can (390g) of Jolly Cow Condensada
1 can (370ml) evaporated milk
10 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of grated dayap or lemon peel
1 cup of white sugar
- Put sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over low fire until the sugar caramelizes.
- Pour the caramelized sugar equally into three llaneras. Evenly coat the caramelized sugar on the bottom of the llanera. Set aside.
- In a bowl, gently mix together the Jolly Cow Condensada, evaporated milk, egg yolks and the grated dayap. Make sure to gently mix so as not to create bubbles on the mixture.
- Gently and evenly pour the mixture on the llaneras containing the caramelized sugar.
- Cover each llanera with aluminum foil.
- Steam for about 30 minutes or until firm (steaming time may depend on the thickness of the llanera).
- Cool and then refrigerate.
Tip: You can tell when the leche flan is fully cooked by inserting a knife in the middle of the mixture–if the knife comes clean, it is fully cooked.