Like most mommies do, I love to explore different dishes and menus. My mother is not a chef, but she really cooks well. She’s the type of a foodie that just by tasting any dish, she can tell you exactly what ingredients were used. And that’s not all! She could also prepare and cook that same dish without any guide! But not me, I need to watch and see, or at least have a recipe instruction to be able to do so. And that’s why I’m really fond of watching cooking shows and demos—to learn and learn more food dishes. Thanks to Dona Elena Olive Oil for giving me a “Taste of Spain” during the recent New World Hotel Cooking by the Bay exclusive media session that presented all-time favorites from Spanish cuisine. The hotel, alternatively offers regular monthly cooking classes, Spanish or Chinese cooking class for Php 2,888 fee.
Hosted by New World Hotel Manila’s Executive Chef James Williams and celebrity health advocate Bianca King, the Spanish cooking class’ guests was divided into five groups which consisted of three media representatives per table.
I was with my coblogger Joy under group 4-A cooking back-to-back with Our Awesome Planet’s Anton Diaz.
It’s not so hard to prepare these Spanish dishes since all the ingredients were prepared initially and classified as well according to what we’re going to use and cook/prepare—Paella Mixta, Salad, and Sangria:
It was indeed a great cooking experience and makes me feel I’m a certified Spanish Cuisinera 😉
Inspired by Fly Ace Corporations’ Dona Elena olive oil, the paella we cooked for an hour wasn’t just mouthwatering, it’s healthy-loaded too.
Note: For the complete recipe of each dish, please look for the dish title on the search section of this site if there’s no clickable link.
Dona Elena Olive Oil
Over the years, Doña Elena Olive Oil has been consistently tagged as the country’s no.1 olive oil brand.
Proudly homegrown, Doña Elena continues to provide Filipinos the right reasons why Doña Elena Olive Oils are the perfect partner for everyday cooking. And being known for its premium quality of olives directly sourced and harvested from the farms of Andalucia, the olive tree traces back its rich history 3,500 years BC. An abundant fruit in the Mediterranean region, it’s also most-prized for its high levels of naturally occurring antioxidants and vitamins.
Let me share with you five interesting reasons that you should take note why Doña Elena is the leading and most-preferred olive oil brand in the country:
- The purest and most generous blend of olives. Doña Elena Olive Oils are a combination of two types of olives, hojiblanca and picual that makes it hands down a good source of high levels of good fats and antioxidants. Since each bottle contains 80% monounsaturated oleic acids that are good for the health, the powerful olive fruit duo makes every bottle of Doña Elena olive oils a powerful concoction. Much more, since Doña Elena olive oils come from Andalucia region that reigns supreme in olive oil production, consumers are assured of its highest taste and quality.
- The health attributes and richness of vitamins. With Doña Elena Olive Oil being the only oil to be obtained naturally from a fruit, it enhances the flavor of the food making it more delicious, hence renowned chefs all over the world are known for using olive oil in their dishes. Doña Elena Olive Oil has high levels of antioxidants like polyphenols and oleic acids. It is also rich in vitamins E, K and A that helps lower bad cholesterols and acts as agent to help prevent some cardiovascular diseases.
- It is the only brand that offers the most comprehensive sizes. Whether you’re a foodie, a chef, or who simply loves to cook, Doña Elena’s Pure, Extra Virgin, and Pomace are conveniently available in 250 ml, 500 ml, 1 L and 5L PET bottle sizes so you have all the options for every need and purpose. What makes the brand even more trustworthy is the fact that it is the number one brand, has a high turn over in supermarkets and groceries, so you are assured that each bottle you buy is exceptionally fresh.
- It’s not as expensive as you think. Consumers are being intimidated by the stereotype of olive oil being pricey. However, Doña Elena Olive Oils have been with Filipinos for over a decade now, ensuring that consumers get their olive oils without overspending their monthly budget. “If you can afford a daily cup of branded coffee once a week, why not set aside a budget for a bottle of Doña Elena Olive Oil as an investment for your health?” says Fly Ace Corporation Senior Product Manager and Category Head for Oils Zen Prudentino.
- The versatility of olive oil in cooking. Aside from all the health attributes and benefits mentioned, Doña Elena Olive oil is incredibly versatile and can be used in a number of recipes which make it more perfect for everyday cooking. Just be sure to choose the right variety among the three Doña Elena Olive Oil to make the dish come out at its most flavorful and aromatic taste: Extra Virgin for salad dressing, bread dip, and to drizzle cooked food; Pure Olive Oil for sauté and frying; and Pomace both for frying and deep-frying.
Olive oil does not only provide health benefits but also elevates the taste of any dish to a whole new level. “We wanted to impart to our customers that the taste of a dish doesn’t have to be sacrificed in order for it to be healthy. That’s why we regularly come up with cooking classes to share healthy and delicious meals cooked with Doña Elena olive oils, “ adds Zen.
Ultimately, beyond the beautiful bottle and the logo that depicts the Mediterranean inspiration of Doña Elena, the qualities and benefits of Dona Elena Olive Oil will not fail you and your taste buds in your everyday cooking.
“We, at Fly Ace Corporation, are committed to bring the best food and beverages of the world to the Filipinos. We are proud to say that Doña Elena is a 100% Filipino brand sourced from the best and largest olive oil producing country in world, which is Spain. The overwhelming response from the Philippine market consistently places Doňa Elena as the no. one olive oil brand in the country,” concludes Fly Ace Corporation President Jun Cochanco.